Invisalign in Edmonton
Gone are the days of unsightly, difficult to clean orthodontics as the only solution to straightening teeth. With Invisalign, patients apply a series of clear trays, making tooth realignment simple, painless, and effective.
Impressions of the teeth are taken and are sent to the Invisalign lab. Then, the models are analyzed by means of a special computer program to determine whether your situation is suitable for Invisalign. You may view the changes that are recommended on a computer screen with Dr. Christine Fialka-Eshenko in the office.
How Invisalign Works
After an initial consultation with Dr. Fialka-Eshenko, we will create an exact impression of your teeth in their current position. Upon examining the impression and your oral health, we will discuss your ideal tooth alignment, considering both jaw structure and overall cosmetics.
Next, using a computer program to visually demonstrate each step of the straightening process, you will approve the end results and then the Invisalign lab creates (or fabricates) a custom set of aligners.
Each aligner is worn 24 hours a day for two weeks (removed for eating and cleaning. During this period, the aligner gently adjusts your teeth, bringing them closer to your desired position. At the conclusion of each two-week period, the current aligner is disposed of and the next used. Sometimes minor tooth re-contouring may be required to facilitate the tooth movement.
Over the course of your treatment, you will return for a check-up once every two to four weeks to ensure adequate progress is being made and so we may answer any questions that may have arisen.
Advantages of Invisalign
In addition to a boost of self-confidence due to an enhanced smile, Invisalign provides numerous benefits over traditional braces:
- Invisalign aligners are aesthetically appealing and almost indiscernible to the eye
- Aligners can be removed for brushing, flossing and eating, allowing you to maintain quality oral hygiene
- Adults can achieve the straight teeth they always desired without feeling self-conscious in the process
- Trays can be used for application of fluoride or tooth whitening products
Why You Should Straighten Your Teeth
Teeth can become crooked while they grow into place during adolescence or can become crowded due to wisdom teeth impaction or trauma. While some may be indifferent to the cosmetics, it is necessary to address crooked teeth to avoid future oral health complications.
Misaligned teeth can cause an array of problems down the road, including:
- Tooth decay and tooth loss due to gaps making it difficult to adequately brush and floss
- Misaligned teeth can cause pain while eating. Over time, small adjustments are made to avoid such pain, which can eventually lead to a misaligned temporomandibular joint, causing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ/TMD)
- Increased plaque and calculus accumulation which causes more bleeding. Crowded teeth make home care more difficult (brushing and flossing) an increase in chances of disease (gingivitis, bone loss)
- Straight teeth facilitate more effective home care.
- Invisalign can facilitate cosmetic procedures by putting teeth in more favorable positions before adding veneers, etc.
Not all crowding cases are suitable for Invisalign. Comprehensive orthodontics will be the treatment of choice in some cases. Invisalign tips the teeth and can unravel. There may be some crowding with Invisalign. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment will ensure the teeth move.
If you have endured crooked teeth for much of your adult life or have children who require braces, consider Invisalign as a non-invasive, aesthetically pleasing, tooth alignment solution.
New Patients Welcome
Your initial consultation will be highly individualized and designed to provide you with an overview of your dental options and answer any questions you might have.
We provide general dentistry services to meet hygienic and preventative needs. Visit twice a year for cleanings and oral cancer screenings to ensure optimal oral health.
Suffering from chronic jaw pain can be painful, but we can help. Find relief from TMD and TMJ with the help of an experienced, neuromuscular dentist.
By combining the science of dentistry with the artistry of modern, surgical techniques, cosmetic dentistry services can provide you with the smile you have always dreamed of.
Connect with us online!
Stay up to date with all the office news and
promotions and offers by connecting wih us online.